Menu
Simonlit
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't view on TV anywhere app

when I try to watch the apps on my iPad it tells me I need to register even though both devices are visible as being registered already.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't view on TV anywhere app

Hi Simonlit,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Simonlit,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Simonlit
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath. That resolved it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simonlit, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. I'm really glad to hear that things are resolved. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know.

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Langton012
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why are there no proper user guides for this service? really poor support from VM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Langton012, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're struggling to find any online help articles for TV Anywhere. Here are 3 of the best that will help you:

Using Virgin TV Anywhere

Getting started with Virgin TV Anywhere

Technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere

If you are having a specific issue, let us know what it is as we may be able to help resolve things Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos