Menu
nickh
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BT Sports Europe (Ch 532) - Poor quality stream for UEFA Champions League Football

Trying to watch UEFA Champions League Football on BT Sports Europe this evening and stream is very poor quality, to the point it's not worth watching.  Listening on 5 Live is more enjoyable!

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sports Europe (Ch 532) - Poor quality stream for UEFA Champions League Football

It's been poor on all channels for months now.

One of many subjects VM don't want to talk about.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sports Europe (Ch 532) - Poor quality stream for UEFA Champions League Football

I for one am wishing that BT Sport would do the same as Sky & assume control of their premium content. Sky Go performs so much better than TVA, for performance & picture quality. Plus, Sky's definition of the word "anywhere" really does mean anywhere. Virgin Media can't quite grasp the concept themselves. I think Sky have seen and embraced an opportunity to impress VM subscribers, as its performance and picture quality is on the up. With TVA it's the exact opposite; they dropped the broadcast bitrate on all channels about 3 months ago. Maybe they were trying to fix the buffering & stalling issues that any regular TVA user knows all too well. Sadly, it didn't work.

When a lowly 300kbps hooky flash stream is a better option for watching the game than TV Anywhere, something is clearly up.

I might get in touch with BT Sport to let them know what we're having to put up with, and to see if there are any plans to deliver these by their own means. Whatever they might come up with, it can't possibly be any worse than TV Anywhere.
0 Kudos