Menu
SLJ01
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Anywhere App

Hi, I've tried all the steps on the website and I still can't get my iPad to pair with my TiVo.

Any one have any ideas for me?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Anywhere App

Now that we have uncovered your issues, here are your answers.

1. You can only watch those channels with a wifi symbol. You can change the guide to only display those channels. Try channel 104.

If you try to view any other channel, you get the 'not connected to TiVo' message as it wants to start those channels directly on the TV connected to the TiVo but it requires the TiVo connected to your Superhub to do this (app acting as a remote, see 2).

2. To get rid of the exclamation mark over the TiVo icon and allow the app to act as a replacement remote for the TiVo, you must connect your TiVo to your Superhub. I have mine connected via powerline adapters but you can use an Ethernet cable if the boxes are close together.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey there SLJ01 Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that the TV Anywhere hasn't been working as it should be. Can I confirm that you have tried the following?:-

1. On your iPhone, iPad or iPhone touch open the App Store

2. Search 'Virgin TV Anywhere' and install

3. Once installed tap the icon to launch it

4. Choose the TiVo box you want to control from the Select a TiVo box menu

5. If the app can't find your TiVo box, simply tap Away Access

6. The first time you use Away Access, you'll need to enter your My Virgin Media username and password

7. Tick the Stay Signed In box so that you don't have to enter your details each time you use Virgin TV Anywhere

Note: Before you can use your device with your TiVo box you first need to make sure the TiVo is connected to your Virgin Media router. You'll also need to wirelessly connect your TiVo's same wireless network Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get one Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SLJ01
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well yes I have the app installed already. I've tried all the instructions given and it hasn't worked.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi SLJ01,

Thank you for your reply and trying those out. I think at this stage t would be best to give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111 as we can help you there and then with any possible issues that may be happening.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SLJ01
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Also don't see a "Select a TiVo box" option or a way to choose Away Access
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The 'select a TiVo box' is the field on the top left, containing 'TiVoECNew2' in my case.

image.png

0 Kudos
SLJ01
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Right!

Thank you for that. Mine does seem to have the name in but still acts as though it's not connected, also doesn't allow me to select an away option.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

There isn't really an away option that you can choose.

You will see that there is an icon that looks like a TiVo remote on the top right.

Does yours have an exclamation mark on it? If so, you are in away mode. 

What are you actually trying to do and what happens when you try to do it?

0 Kudos
SLJ01
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ahhhh right, yeah the remote icon does have an exclamation mark on it.

It just doesn't allow me to view some live channels and things like that.

Tells me that there isn't a TiVo box available to link to my iPad. So I can't stream channels or use the iPad as a remote.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Now that we have uncovered your issues, here are your answers.

1. You can only watch those channels with a wifi symbol. You can change the guide to only display those channels. Try channel 104.

If you try to view any other channel, you get the 'not connected to TiVo' message as it wants to start those channels directly on the TV connected to the TiVo but it requires the TiVo connected to your Superhub to do this (app acting as a remote, see 2).

2. To get rid of the exclamation mark over the TiVo icon and allow the app to act as a replacement remote for the TiVo, you must connect your TiVo to your Superhub. I have mine connected via powerline adapters but you can use an Ethernet cable if the boxes are close together.