Menu
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Accessing My Shows on iOS

Does anyone else have an issue accessing any of the recordings in 'My Shows' on iOS? All I see is the % full at the top of the screen and then a screen full of loading indicators as if I will see something appear eventually. Nothing changes on this page despite leaving it there for 10 mins or so. Everything else on the app works ok. I can see my recordings on desktop via the browser and on the TiVo itself but the iOS app refuses to show me anything. It used to work but hasn't been for the last couple of weeks. Any help appreciated!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing My Shows on iOS

Hi Turrican77,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue accessing your recordings when going via your iOS device. 

Have you tried deleting the app and then re-downloading it to see if this helps? If not give it a try. 

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, yep tried that too but no joy. Any other ideas? So so frustrating.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Turrican77,

Thanks for trying that and coming back to me Smiley Happy 

As that hasn't worked, we'll need to try refreshing everything. I have re-synced everything this end for you. All I need you to do now is de-register your device and then re-register it. 

Do that by following these steps: 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

This will refresh everything and hopefully once it connects back up, the recordings will show Smiley Happy

Keep me posted.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the step by step. I've deleted, re-registered and can stream channel 4. Go to My Shows and.....nothing. :-( Still the same spinning wheels. Do I need to be on the same network as the TiVo or can i do this remotely (which is what i'm doing at the moment).

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Turrican77 Smiley Happy

Thanks for the update on what's been going on in the home Smiley Happy

It looks like you're doing everything right however you will need to be on the same network for it to communicate with the TiVo's Smiley Happy

I know it's been a few days so I'm just wondering if you've had any joy since then?

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

have you selected the correct TiVo box on the app? it's at the very top on a tablet or under more on a phone

0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yep have tried while being on the same network and also selected the right box. Funnily enough I CAN see the recordings on my 2nd TiVo box, just not the main one. Both connected to the same network etc. Suggests to me that this is at the TiVo end. Tried the 'turn it off and on again' approach but no joy. Any other advice appreciated. 

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

perhaps try rebooting the TiVo box that you're having issues with

0 Kudos
Turrican77
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

yep tried that with no joy unfortunately. would deleting all my shows on the TiVo potentially resolve the issue?

0 Kudos