Menu
DuncanLewis
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Website blocked

Hi there,

I've attempted to contact the web safe feedback team a number of times now after getting reports that customers to our website are being blocked by Virgin Media web safe filter. 

Here is what I put in the first mail I sent on 5th April. 

My company website (https://www.piranhr.com) has been blocked by your web safe feature. This was done after Google identified a potential malware threat on the site. This was due to an old subdomain that we no longer used, forwarding to a server IP we no longer owned. The IP is now owned by someone else who hosted malware on it.

I’ve attached a screenshot from the google search console showing that their review was successful. I’m now requesting that you conduct a similar review to remove the block.

Screenshot 2017-04-05 09.27.06.png

Please provide advice on how we can get it unblocked ASAP as we are losing significant business here.

Many thanks,

Duncan Lewis

0 Kudos
用心棒
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website blocked

AFAICS, your website is now blocked only if the Gambling category is blocked within Web Safe by the user.

shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website blocked

用心棒 wrote:

AFAICS, your website is now blocked only if the Gambling category is blocked within Web Safe by the user.

Considering the site is gambling related this would seem perfectly fine, this would be the web filter doing its job in this case OP