Menu
Georgebrett1293
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

speed issues in area 21

I am getting slow speeds I am in area 21 speed gets down to 9mbps at Peak time I have call Virgin media and they do nothing about it
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: speed issues in area 21

You are best to leave. I have had Slow speeds for 2 years now and it has got to the point it just cuts off at peak time so having to switch provider. 

The company should be charged with Fraud but hey rule for them and a different for us Smiley Happy

StormW4tch3r
Up to speed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No speed issues in area 21 SO19 http://www.speedtest.net/result/5717817961.png

0 Kudos

All Replies
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are best to leave. I have had Slow speeds for 2 years now and it has got to the point it just cuts off at peak time so having to switch provider. 

The company should be charged with Fraud but hey rule for them and a different for us Smiley Happy

StormW4tch3r
Up to speed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No speed issues in area 21 SO19 http://www.speedtest.net/result/5717817961.png

0 Kudos
Fizban100
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You're wasting your time. As long as Virgin get your cash they couldn't care less. Their level of customer service and satisfaction is dreadful. I'm currently looking to leave Virgin. They're awful on all levels that really count.

0 Kudos
Georgebrett1293
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thay are saying Area needs to be upgraded and that it be done soon thay didn't give a date but thay are cr me £12 a month now
0 Kudos
SirRichardBrans
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My speeds have been terrible since June (1mb speed at peak times). Every time I call tech support the tell me that it will be fixed at the end of the month. It seems like some in area 21 have been having these issues for over a year now. I've personally had enough and will most likely be switching to BT in the next few days
0 Kudos
simacca
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's disgusting they way virgin are treating us. They keep pushing the fix date month by month and are still taking on new customers in the area.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi SirRichardBrans, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear that you are affected by a fault in your area. 

Do you by any chance have a fault reference number? If so, post here and we can give you an update review on what's happening. We'll also be able to look at the next review date and keep you up to date on that too. 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SirRichardBrans
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I was told the issue would be fixed by the 8th November by tech support. It's now the 10th and the speed is even worse than it was before. I now have 0.44mb download speed and 0.32 upload speed. And save your breath this will not be solved anytime soon. I have now terminated my contract and just have to sit this out while my EE installation is being sorted out.

I hope people realise just how poor and fraudulent the service is.
0 Kudos
jwnbentley
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Same here - no connection at all this evening. Virgin complaints team haven't even called back.