Menu
bugner30
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

slow vivid 200mbps

I rang up tech help yesterday and reported a problem with my  broad band speeds, we went through a load of checks with all devices off line and just  using my pc which is hard wired into internet and seemed to sort it but, to no Avail  tonight my speeds have dropped out again recording speeds of 52.25 mbps at about 9pm, this was with all devices off my network, I have been speaking to my Neighbours and they have been saying that there is a utlisation fault in the area and was straight away offered a refund and was told when the fault will be rectified! which I believe will be April 5th, Can anyone assist me in this matter.  I have also just recently signed up for another year as I feel that Virgin is the best for me  as we like what we get offered and there is no satellite dish out side my house!but I am disapointed in the broadband even though your colleague assisted me yesterday 27.01.17 which took quite along time approximately 40 mins,I have been recording speeds of 73.14 mbps on 27.01.2017 and  tonight recorded 52.15mbps and on the 16th january 2017 speeds of  66.19mbps 

I feel that I have signed up for the top vivid 200 package but feel that I am not getting what I am paying for. Thanks for your time in reading this, hope to speak soon,

Regards, Nigel Riley

0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow vivid 200mbps

Hi Nigel,

If your neighbours have said there are utilisation issues in the area I have a gut feeling they have gone through the motions and were eventually told of the utilisation issue and are probably being given a refund for the 'inconvenience'.

If you are not getting the speeds you pay for from 4PM onwards during a week day to around 12 a.m, and all other equipment has been checked then it is a strong chance you would have to wait until it is fixed. All dates provided for this matter are preliminary and most certainly subject to change. 

TL DR; it's frustrating and Virgin are going to take forever to fix.

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow vivid 200mbps

Hi bugner30 (Nigel),

I'm honestly sorry about your poor peak time speeds. You are indeed affected by an issue with peak time Internet usage, fault ref: F004812376. There are plans to upgrade the network thereby increasing capacity. But the current pre-upgrade work has to complete first and progress of this is due to be reviewed on 05/04/2017. 

Please note that that is a review date, not an estimated fix date. 

I shall pass your details over to a team who will provide updates but I need a little more information from you first. 
Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll be in touch Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos