Menu
naffy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds < 2-3 mb during the evening

Hi

my internet speed drops significantly in the evenings, the Service Status shows everything is fine however  when I run the automated test it says that there is an issue and that I should take a break for 10mins, comeback and restart the router.

this has been going on for a few weeks, when I called to report the issue they said that there was engineering works that will continue to affect me during peak periods till November.  Is this true, and why doesn't the service status show this issue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds < 2-3 mb during the evening

Evening naffy

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've taken a look at your connection, and I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area that you mentioned which is causing slow speeds. The reference number F003413120 and with a review date 18th January 2017.

As this is affecting cable lines rather than post codes, this is not available on the Service Status page. You can post here for further updates nearer the review date, or one of my colleagues will be in touch.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
naffy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

it seems that the situation is getting worse, the virgin bills are getting higher each month and the speed is getting worse. it is essentially unusable, when I come home from work after 6pm the speed averages between 0.4mbps to 3mbps with very high latency. I would like to remain a virgin customer but this is seriously poor service.

0 Kudos
naffy
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I should also point out that I have been trying to call the technical help lines and been disconnected twice today!

0 Kudos