Menu
GTXMike
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds in area 01

Since I noticed on 29th December that I'm not getting what a pay for I have been checking my download speeds every few days and results are dreadful. I have Vivid Gamer 200Mb connection and this is what I'm getting... any help? any ideas? That is a wired connection. I do not use WiFi, only on mobile devices.

tGKcL9s.png

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: slow speeds in area 01

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take up 7-10 days) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Power levels look OK.  Some T3 timeouts in the log but they seem to be a few days apart so may not be significant.

Probably best to wait for the forum team to get to this thread in a few days and see what their checks reveal.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take up 7-10 days) and run checks on your line.

GTXMike
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

chrome_2017-01-12_23-50-07.pngchrome_2017-01-12_23-50-56.pngnotepad++_2017-01-12_23-56-44.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Power levels look OK.  Some T3 timeouts in the log but they seem to be a few days apart so may not be significant.

Probably best to wait for the forum team to get to this thread in a few days and see what their checks reveal.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GTXMike,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and everything looks good from this side. 

Has there been any changes to the connection from the date stated?

Try popping the hub into Modem Only Mode with the computer in safe mode with networking and let us know if it makes a difference. 

It may also help to try a different Ethernet cable, do you find you have the same trouble with other devices? 

It may also help to see a BQM (please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its content.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos