Menu
stampers
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

new customer, speed much slower than sold

Hi,

I joined today and have gone for the 100mbps package.  Using the speedtest.net check with an Ethernet connection to the router I can't get more than 30mbps.  I called customer services but the guy wasn't really interested and said it would get faster over time.  I suspect this is nonsense.

Customer services have failed so I'd appreciate any help!  Not a good start to my Virgin experience.

0 Kudos
MartyB
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: new customer, speed much slower than sold

Funnily enough,
Had mine fitted this afternoon and although on a wireless connection I'm getting less than 5MBps download. I have to try with a wired connection but even so I don't think it's right !
0 Kudos
stampers
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I get about 20mbps on the ipad, quite repeatable

0 Kudos
oldfoxy10
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be a big issue.  I'm on the 150Mb/s tariff and current speed is only 10Mb/s.  No help at all, from Virgin.  Initially told things would be up and running by mid Jan, called again when things hadn't improved and I was told April.  One very unhappy customer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stampers,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with your signal levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos