Menu
Cmb211087
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You're flying at your new speed emails

I've received two emails within as many weeks stating my speed has been boosted to the below. The only issue is I am meant to be on Vivid 200 so I am now worried my speed is slower. I have since ran speed tests and I am getting nowhere near what I was getting before the emails.

We’ve just increased your speed – from a nippy up to 100Mb to up to 150Mb.

With your new speed, there’ll be no stopping you zipping round the internet, doing more of the things you love, whether that’s streaming, sharing, movie watching or more.

And of course, it’s not just fast – it’s reliable too. More people can get the speed they pay for thanks to DOCSIS®3, the magic in our cables.

The internet will never be the same again.
Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: You're flying at your new speed emails

Hey Cmb211087,

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds, I know this is frustrating.

I've taken a look at your connection and nothing obvious is standing out as a cause for concern.

What speed test results do you get when you perform a test with an Ethernet cable connected? If you don't have a cable, let me know and I'll get one sent out to you.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Cmb211087
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Unfortunately I am WiFi only, which I understand from speaking to your tech support is unreliable regards the speed tests.

Today I received another of these emails though:

You’re on. Welcome to VIVID – our next generation optical fibre.

You already had the fastest widely available broadband (up to twice as fast as BT Infinity and Sky Fibre up to 76Mbps). But your broadband just got even faster – we’ve now increased your speed from a nippy up to 100Mb to up to 150Mb.

In the past year, our customers have been doing more with their connection (around 50% more, in fact). So with your new speed, you've got extra power to stream, share, play and whatever else you love.

And it’s not just fast – it’s a service you can rely on. Ofcom research shows that, overall, we're more reliable than Sky and BT, which means you’re more likely to get our advertised headline speeds.

Our research tells the same story. Unlike other major providers, we own our network, which means we can measure your connection from one end to the other. This is how we know our network has 99.9% reliability right the way to your Hub, so you'll be online more of the time. It’s all thanks to DOCSIS 3 technology, the magic in our cables.

Of course, now you’re sorted, you don’t have to take our word for it. When you get a moment, try a speed test to see how your connection stacks up against our average speeds and leaves the competition trailing. Just remember that not every phone and tablet supports VIVID speeds, so it’s best to do the test on a PC or laptop or you may get a slower result. And if you want a really good idea of how VIVID performs, try running your tests at different times of the day.
Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/VmRouterStatusOperationCfgCgi

Go there, should bring up your routers speed profile. Copy and paste the data from there to here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Cmb211087
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

General Configuration
Network Access Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs 1
Baseline Privacy Enabled
DOCSIS Mode EuroDOCSIS 3.0
Config File
Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID 5373
Max Traffic Rate 230000000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 42600 bytes
Min Traffic Rate 0 bps
Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID 5372
Max Traffic Rate 12700000 bps
Max Traffic Burst 16320 bytes
Min Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst 16320 bytes
Scheduling Type Best Effort
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are on the 200Mbs package at least then, not 150 like the emails (probably block sent out based on package you had when the speed boost original announcement was made)

Your actually speeds are going to be lower due to wifi limitations though. You will need AC compatible devices (and a superhub2ac/3) to get the best chance of using all that speed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Cmb211087
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perfect thanks, that's all I needed to know!
0 Kudos