DWG33
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Xbox one SH3 Slow download

Hi,

I have recently (17/02/16) moved from sky to VM and having issues with Xbox One

I used to have a 9MB down and got about 8MB on the Xbox with BT/SKY ADSL line

i now have a SH3 and speedtest.net gives me 218mb down however when i download on the Xbox (Wired connection or Wifi) im getting between 4-900KB and its cutting in and out all the time what settings need to be changed so this works? 

i am keen on getting a resolution before my cooling off period ends or i will go back to a functioning connection as now i'm slower and less reliable than i was when it was just on ADSL

** Update **

if i reboot xbox i get 180mb for just over a minute then it freezes and goes down to 5-900kb, i can then reboot get another minute or so and the same happens

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox one SH3 Slow download

Hi DWG33,

Welcome to Virgin Media and to our online Community Smiley Happy

I shall be happy to help with this and would like to start by arranging for an engineer t visit. Your Hub is reporting high a upstream power level and this will need to be reduced. I'm not attributing blame for your issue to this by the way, but feel we should address any obvious faults first.
Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll book an appointment in (I think I may have incorrectly stated high downstream power levels in my PM, please ignore that part). 

Also I'd like to know if it's only Xbox you're having this issue with? Does downloading from any other site result in faster transfer speeds? 

Awaiting your reply Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team