Menu
jasondugo
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wired speed keeps dropping but wifi is fine

Hi on Thursday night my router kept going off flashing green then coming back on but once it came back on the speed were spiking like hell it would keep switching from anything between 0.30 to 190, since then the spiking kept happening no problems with the router going off though, today I go on my computer and the same thing so I check the 5g wifi and that is fine no spiking what so ever full speed with it also,  I never experienced where wired is effected but wifi not normally its the other way around this is also happening on my xbox too which is also connected by wire.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6083219158

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wired speed keeps dropping but wifi is fine

Hey jasondugo,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. It's strange that you're only reporting a problem with your Ethernet connection, I can't really explain that! I've checked your Superhub from our end and noticed that all of your downstream power levels are out of range. I want to get this addressed and hopefully this will resolve the fault you're experiencing. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm a visit.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos