Menu
sgt
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Will speed ever be that which is paid for at peak times

Since March this year  there has  been an apparent  "fault"  with the  broadband service  in our  area and  indeed  many  others   it  is  listed  under   F003496565 there  have  been over a  dozen promised  "repair  dates" that have  come and  gone  the  latest  being  last  week.

Every  day after around  6pm the  service  we  pay  for (200mbs) drops to around  10-20 % of  paid  for service not  recovering  until after  11pm 

Throughout the  holiday period   speed  has  rarely  topped 80mbs at  any  times dropping to around 20mbs at  peak.

At  least  with the 200mbs  it  remains  usable the  previous 150 mbs  service  simply stopped  working after about  8pm

Now a  helpful(and  honest) chap at  the Tech centre  did  identify  the  real problem which  is as  you might expect is  over  utilisation  not  really a  fault at all but  an  upgrade  issue(or  lack thereof)

Virgin  has  successfully sold  their  product  based  on the "blisteringly  fast"  promise  unfortunately the  upgrade  in  equipment required  to  successfully deliver this  at  most  times  appears to have  slipped their attention for the  last  year!

Has  anyone  any  idea when or  if  Virgin  ever  intend  to  provide the  infrastructure to deliver  the  service  they  promise  or can we  expect  further  promises  of  faster  speeds and  price  rises  with no real intent  to deliver them?

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will speed ever be that which is paid for at peak times

They do eventually fix utilisation problems, but it can take a ridiculously long time. 

A problem in my area was fixed this week, after 23 months of awful speeds. 

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It may be fixed for now but just wait until they start selling it again like crazy you will drop to an ever slow speed just like before. Speaking from experience Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bestie wrote:

It may be fixed for now but just wait until they start selling it again like crazy you will drop to an ever slow speed just like before. Speaking from experience Smiley Happy 

I know,  last time they fixed utilisation here the fix lasted for just 3 months before a new fault was raised. Just have to make the most of it as it could well be awful again by Easter!

0 Kudos
Shai88
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat as him and I had this like over 3 years problem...I assure you they will not give 100% service what you're paying for. Whatever they say if there's a problem in your area that's just a false image just like they are selling their services which they have no intention of providing.

0 Kudos