Menu
Strogg
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why so differing speeds after upgrade to 300?

Hi All,

Please could you answer the question why I am getting such varying speeds since the migration to 300mbps and a new Superhub 3?

Speeds have been down as low as <50mbps

Was absolutely fine when we were on 200mbps and Superhub 2.......but since the equipment upgrade and the speed upgrade, it appears to have fallen off.

It appears that there is no packet loss, however, the speed is all all over the place.

Speed variationSpeed variation

No Packet lossNo Packet loss

P.S. as you can probably guess, this is a staff account.

P.P.S. please don't ask me to troubleshoot.......I wrote most of the second line training documentation.......hence, all internal troubleshooting has been done.

Dave P.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why so differing speeds after upgrade to 300?

lovely issues with the hub3 chipset/firmware, I would be downgrading back to 200mb using hub 2
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Strogg
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you know what the firmware issues are?.......or is there a list somewhere?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Strogg don't think virginmedia are going to public release a list of flaws on their hub.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Strogg
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Of course they won't........but I thought you may have had the inside line on the list of faults, Issues, problems, "niggles".....that may be currently out there that you could send in a PM.    :-/

May have to contact someone internally direct for a list of issues.   :-D

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The hub 3 gives latency spikes not speed drops unless it's faulty, I've had a hub 3 for months, I'm on the 300/20 package and my internet was solid 300/20 all day every day until Christmas, now I'm in the same boat as you but my speeds are only all over during peak times, could be the case with you, the more bandwidth you have the more of an impact you will see.

Edit- looking at your pic, I would say that's a faulty router, or maybe your snrs or something aren't right, shouldn't be getting that speed at 2am.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

I've run a few checks on your service and all looks in good shape, no peak time demand problems, SNR, power levels or return path issues to speak of, so the drop in headline speeds with new Hub are a puzzle.

It would be helpful if you could drop the Hub into modem mode and run a check direct to the one device.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos