Menu
Daness88
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very slow streaming

Hello,

I'm new to Virgin broadband service, recently got the 100mbps fibre.
I have noticed that the streaming is very slow on all of my devices , even the Facebook videos are loading very slowly and buffer all the time.
I have tried Speedtest and it shows different results on different devices. On my iPhone it goes over 100mbps , on my laptop only about 50 Mbps but I still get a lot of buffering . I tried modem mode and used my old router and I got the same results . Does anyone else have the same problem or does anyone know how to deal with this? I hope is some setting on the router that could hopefully sort things out. Few months ago I gave up 40mbps connection from TalkTalk which to be honest performed a lot better , never had buffering issues throughout the 2 years contract ... I guess I should've never left TalkTalk but the Virgins offer sounded better with better speeds at same price.
Any suggestions would be well appreciated.

Many thanks ,

Daniel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow streaming

Hi Daness88, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems there was an issue with SNR and FECS (Signal to Noise Ratio and Forward Error corrections) in your area recently, this seems to have improved over the past few days and the connection is now looking healthier. 

How are things looking from your side now? 

If you are still having trouble let us know and we'll be able to take a further look into this for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Daness88
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

The situation hasn't changed . Slow streaming but speedtest shows at least 50mbps connection.

Please let me know if there is any information I can provide to make it easier for you to identify and rectify the issue.

Regards,

Daniel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to read that you are still having issues with slow streaming.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is an SNR fault in your area which has been reported. The reference number is F004848630 and with a review date of 7th November.

Do you get this issue on both wired and wireless devices?

Does this happen on certain websites i.e. YouTube, Facebook?

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Daness88
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Firstly I would like to update the situation.
In the last week I have noticed massive speed drops . I understand that there are peak times when I can expect some slowing down but I'm talking about 5-6 Mbps speeds in the evenings . Considering that my subscription states 100 Mbps I consider this issue to me more than just peak time restrictions. To answer your question the slow steaming issues applies to all of the websites I visit wether is YouTube , Facebook or Netflix. Also I tried wired and wireless connection, 2G and 5G compatible devices, router restarts every evening, etc. The situation has been the same since Day 1. Please keep me updated in regards of the reported issue in my area.
Thanks,
Daniel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection.

I have taken a Look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

I would like to get an engineer out to take a further look into this for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos