Menu
JaeMc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow broadband speeds

Over the past week or so, i've noticed a big drop in speed of downloads, as well as performance in games.

I called and was told an engineer would have to attend, when I perform a speed test in Glasgow (local), my download speeds are as expected (between 70-95Mbps).  If I select any other location, this drops to 4Mbps!!

This always seems to kick in around 7pm and resolves itself at a random time.  Is there some sort of throttling going on here?

0 Kudos
w4rch1ld
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow broadband speeds

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/dec5869bb47ec0954b5ba924657bfdca-23-02-2017.html

Virgin are getting worse. When you call them and say your 200Mb broadband is down to 20Mb, they say "fair usage"...

It's nonsense. They are effectively saying they cannot provide a service for which you are paying lots of money and then pretend it's a policy.

I'll be switching providers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JaeMc,

Sorry to have kept you waiting for an reply from us. If you are still experiencing issues with speed loss I'd like to address this by arranging for an engineer visit. Your Hub is reporting low modem SNR, with no related upstream network faults. 
Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment for you.

After that, if the issue continues, we'll take another look into this.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi w4rch1ld,

I am really sorry for your continued slow speeds. Fault ref: F004593257 is already being investigated with a network upgrade in the planning.

I appreciate that this type of issue can take some time to finalise so I'd like to submit your data over to a team who will provide updates and also offer advice about any related credit you may be eligible for.

Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll get back to you when I can.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos