Menu
Webster141
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

VIVID 200? More like VIDID 2

Surprise surprise, another Sunday, another night of being unable to do anything without insane lag

This is really worth the £53 p/month that I have to pay, it's so fun to suffer speeds from 10 years ago and nothing being done about it.

I'm so excited for you to forward me to your customer service and have them offer to knock off £1 a month or something.

I really hope BT comes to my area, maybe they don't screw with people who stay with them for 10+ years.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVID 200? More like VIDID 2

Hi there Webster141,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've run some tests on your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low.

With the test you completed was that through a wireless connection? 

Are you able to try whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please? This will eliminate other devices connected.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Webster141
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sam,

I'm always working through wired connection. I tried modem only mode today and it made almost no difference, for the third Sunday in a row i'm pretty much unable to do anything I want to do until 11pm+

Any Netflix/Twitch @ Source is unwatchable buffering mess, very high latency spikes in games or just full disconnects.

Hell even today 3pm-6pm the internet was completely unusable because it kept cutting out completely and needed a router reboot to work again (for 2minutes or so)

This happened last year for over 2months and little to no compensation, the reason was congestion on the lines because you guys accept accept accept when lines are already full.

I'm absolutely fed up of paying over 50 pounds per month for internet that grinds to a halt on the weekends, not to mention how dependent I am on Internet for work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Webster141
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Coming on towards 1am where I thought i'd finally start getting some reasonable speeds. Not happening... still buffering on anything I try to watch, this is nuts.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello there Webster141,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear this is still on-going. Looking at the speed test result that you provided you say it was almost 1 AM however in the top right corner the time shows as 4:40PM PST. Are you using any programmes to change your time zone or anything? Also is the time and date correct on your PC? I think it'll be worth trying your PC in Safe Mode too.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Webster141
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Heather,

Yes my time & date is correct, it's always sync'd with the Windows server.

I don't see what safe mode will accomplish, it's nothing to do with my PC, everything else in the household I test from offers the same.

Thursday evening was a disaster, I could barely maintain 2500kbs upstream which is just a joke, download was hovering around 15-30down.

6077700724.png

Things like this severely impact my ability to work, which adds to my frustration. I'll be honest, paying £53 p/month for nothing other than VIVID 200, in no scenario should I see speeds this low.

I will be admit and say from Friday onwards it's been rather generous, even during peak times I was getting at minimum 50-100 down (Saturday evening), which is fine, it's workable. But Sunday evening is just ahead of us when it's been at its worst over the last 4 weeks, to the point I can't even watch a stream comfortably.

Thanks for the reply,

Web.

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's offensively bad today
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Webster141,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the high peak time traffic fault in your area, I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss this further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Webster141
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Samantha,

Thanks for the reply, i'll get back to your PM ASAP

Web.

0 Kudos