Menu
Casper01
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sudden drop in download speed (Area 04)

DownstreamDownstream

Hi, since yesterday, my download speed has dropped significantly from getting around 80/90 Mbps, to now barely hitting 5 Mbps. I have a Super Hub 2 with a vivid 100 broadband, so the speed was about right beforehand, however this isn't tolerable. I've tried the usual turn it off/back on again, but it had no effect. As mentioned in the title, my area code is 04.

I've attached my downstream info, whether it's any help or not in regards to getting to the bottom of my issue.

Let me know if there's any other info. I should provide.

0 Kudos
tinrib
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sudden drop in download speed (Area 04)

You're in the same boat as the rest of us... im in 04 (B64) and speed has dropped since before xmas. Only came on the forums today to see if could find out whats going on... didnt realise it was so wide spread. Time to change supplier i think!!

0 Kudos
Drew101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

same here only Area 31....i'm down to 8mbs....from 75

if its not back tomorrow ill be on the phone..

just payed my bill as well 

0 Kudos
Casper01
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Feels like a rip-off at the moment. Will have to look at alternatives if it doesn't get sorted soon.

0 Kudos
Byte
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Area 04 here also. Speeds have been awful on my end too. Usally supposed to get 100-150mbs on our packpage. Mornings have been okay somewhat. Though at evening ive been getting download speeds between 0.10mbs and 0.80mbs which is just beyond ridiculous. Its pretty much like having no connection at all. Had this for 3 days now.

I spoke to somone on phone yesterday and they told me some work was being carried out in my general area. Which is 04 and told me the fix date for this was 30th January 2017. 

So anyone who is my same area as me, things might be looking better in few more days. Assuming what i was told over the phone was correct. Reference they gave me was F0046788 then 79 or 59 at the end Not sure how handy that info is though. Wrote it down pretty hastility since guy was talking quick.

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Byte wrote:

Area 04 here also. Speeds have been awful on my end too. Usally supposed to get 100-150mbs on our packpage. Mornings have been okay somewhat. Though at evening ive been getting download speeds between 0.10mbs and 0.80mbs which is just beyond ridiculous. Its pretty much like having no connection at all. Had this for 3 days now.

I spoke to somone on phone yesterday and they told me some work was being carried out in my general area. Which is 04 and told me the fix date for this was 30th January 2017. 

So anyone who is my same area as me, things might be looking better in few more days. Assuming what i was told over the phone was correct. Reference they gave me was F0046788 then 79 or 59 at the end Not sure how handy that info is though. Wrote it down pretty hastility since guy was talking quick.

It's a review date, don't get all excited yet Smiley Tongue 

Message from Mod team:

"Just a quick message to update you in regards to the ongoing issues with your broadband connection. The current fault F003554810 has a review date of 08/02/17."

I am also in the 04 area (TF2) Smiley Sad 

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
tabatharf
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm in 04 too and I'm getting drop outs and DL speeds of  2MBS on a 200MB contract, 

Just got off the phone with a guy in the call centre and I got the usual nonsense about other people in my area are suffering too, the dropouts will be fixed in the next 48 hours and the line speed is because of upgrades taking place in my area which will take up to 3 months Smiley Tongue

Thats roughly 1% of the stated speed I'm getting. 

Wonder if I pay just 1% of my bill it will take them 3 months to threaten me with disconnection or 48 hours.....

0 Kudos
tinrib
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've just been on an online chat with Virgin and they've given an estimate fix time for 29th March. Whether thats a fix for the whole of 04 or specifically my area (B64) i dont know... but thats a long time of really really slow evening broadband. My speed tests last night were 1.7mb on a 50mb service. 

0 Kudos
Casper01
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well, after the entire week I think we can safely say that Virgin is going down the toilet, time to jump ship?

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy