Menu
fl1pster
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds seems a common topic!

Hi,

So ive been a customer for a few weeks now and I am very disappointed with virgin Media. First of all I feel ive been miss sold by the sales Rep who came to my house Terry removed. Told me I would be getting the new V6 box both upstairs and down stairs even called his manager to confirm its ok. And when engineers turned up just standard tivo box and told by customer service its down for that no mention of a V6 box. Told to look at the paper work Terry give me and hes wrote on it tivo box so told as it doesnt say V6 I cant have it so much for a mans word. 2nd am on Virgin full house meant to be getting 200meg bb and I currently haven't even hit anything close to that,one Tuesday afternoon I seen 110 but most nights I struggle to get 5meg which I find is a joke. Really regretting join VM just been messed about from the start. I wonder if am still in my cancellation period? 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
fl1pster
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds seems a common topic!

Nice to see a quick and promt response from Virgin.....oh no wait.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It takes up to a week for a staff response on here.

If speeds are dropping that low in the evening I would be seriously looking at cancelling if you still have the option. We could do some troubleshooting and see if your power levels are okay, which would explain slower speeds during the day but such a differential would indicate overutilisation on your network segment.

Chuck us the first part of your postcode we can see if we can dig out a fault number for you ahead of a staff reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there fl1pster,

Very sorry for the fault experienced and for the delay in responding to your post.

I've had a look at your equipment levels and there are some high timeouts present.

The network segment appears to be clear of any faults, therefore, I'd like to arrange for a field engineer to come out and take a look at this for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos