Menu
kolvorok
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds in Birmingham B17

Dear Virgin Media,

Exactly like it was the case in London, I moved to Birmingham B17 to find that you sell 100Mbit per second and deliver under 10 at peak usage time in the evening and never above 50 even in the middle of the day when everyone is at work...

Tried wired and wireless use with no significant impact on speeds.

Could you tell me what is happening?

Regards,

DM

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds in Birmingham B17

Hi kolvorok,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've checked your connection and the downstream power levels are too high. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner ) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004509059 and with a review date of 7th December.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LouisJackson2
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds in Birmingham B17

I'm also from B17 and this is still happening. Don't even get above 50Mbps throughout the day and as soon as it hits 6pm, I cannot get above 10Mbps. I have also tried wired and wireless connections. This is shocking service.

0 Kudos