Menu
sylk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed in area 20

I used to get close to 150 all the time but in recent months it has been slowing down. Currently at under 9. Maybe better in a few days is the helpline response. I stayed with Virgin because they were excellent but of late I am not so sure. BT and Sky customers are currently flying way beyond these speeds in my area.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed in area 20

Hi sylk,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see you've already spoken to the team regarding this. Give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi josh can anyone check my tivo connection please i think i have issues please answer much appreciated
0 Kudos
sylk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My downloads speed has increased to 11.38 and uploads to 10.04. Still a lot short of 150.

0 Kudos
nuffsaid
Settling in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi everybody, I have had an upgrade for loyalty which included up to 100meg ,I have noticed the last couple  days the d l speed has dropped to approx. 10meg ( Area 20 ) .Been told it's an on going fault and could be February 2017 any one else been told this ?

Yet two friends who live around the corner are over 75meg dl

Regards nuffsaid

0 Kudos
Impy
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same hear area 20 ...6 meg down 6 up been on the phone to them and there gonna send out a tec on the 7th Dec.

done all his tests etc inc. factory reset and wired speed test blah blah ..but it still duff .

0 Kudos
Impy
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hmm ok so it may or may not be related to the problem but i turned the heating down and as the temps come down the speed gradually come back .. it is the first time I had the speed drop problem  never noticed it before .i felt a bit cold and whacked up the heating maybe a bit too much ? Will keep an eye on it now tho and check regularly to see if the problem comes back with normal temps .? 

0 Kudos
sylk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I no longer subscribe to 150 but due to ongoing problems with speed in area 20 and dropped to 50. No different at 50 - O'h to get to 1!

It appears this problem will now continue until April 2017 and there is nothing that can be done. Apparently when we all come home we use our broadband and it then slows down.

Does anyone know what speeds BT are getting in this area?

0 Kudos