Menu
peteonline
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed in Sheffield S7

Does anyone have problems in Sheffield S7 or surrounding areas with slow speeds.

I'm on a 50Mb package and get:
Peak: Less than 5Mbps 
Off-Peak: Less than 20Mbps

Note: These are based on multiple tests over a 7 day period, using a hardwired direct connection to the SuperHub with no other devices connected.

This has only been a problem since mid January 2017. Previous to this, I've always had 45-50Mbps, during both peak and off-peak.

When I phone technical support they say there is work being done in the area, but there's nothing listed online and I can't see other people complaining about it.

Does it sound like an issue with my line, or the area?

Pete.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed in Sheffield S7

Hi peteonline,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and everything is looking quite healthy at the moment. All your levels are as they should be and there are no issue with the network in your area.

Are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

I'd like you to run a speed test with the hub in Modem Mode, then post the results.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi peteonline,

I hope you don't mind me replying to your PM as Josh isn't in today. I have also tested your account and can see no issues/faults that would cause your substantial speed loss. Your Hub's downstream power levels are borderline high but that shouldn't really be a problem. We can address it though I'd like you to try a few things first if that's OK?

• Firstly please follow Josh's advice and test your speeds whilst modem mode is enabled. 
  • Now run a couple of speed tests via speedtest.net and post the output on here.
  • Next please set up a BQM and post that on here too - you'll need to enable ICMP pings on your Hub first though: Advanced Settings > Tools > Ping > select Respond to ICMP and click Apply.

Once you've posted I'll inspect the data and see what's happening.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Liam1900
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes in S7 area and we have also had major problems during peak times.  We have upto 150mbps but during peak times we're lucky to get 5mbps atm.  There is a problem in the area and its a "capacity" issue with an estimated fix of 22nd of Feb.  We are currently looking at switching our provider since this is just pathetic.

*edit*

just ran a speed test at 17.58 and hitting 3mbps... not bad for a 150mbps connection Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Bad1982uk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I should be getting 200mbp but I don't. Leaving before my 14 days are up!
Bad1982uk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ask for compo off them as they know the network is over subbed.
0 Kudos
Liam1900
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

already did and they offered £8 but capped it at £5 because its supposed to be finished by the 22nd..

0 Kudos
peteonline
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Josh and Jen

I've done those speed tests and sent you a message with the results (showing <5Mbps speeds at 10pm).

Pete.

0 Kudos
peteonline
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Josh/Jen

Here's my ping graphs - you can see how bad it gets every evening - or all day on Sunday!

Pete.

Sunday 12th FebSunday 12th FebMonday 13th FebMonday 13th FebTuesday 14th FebTuesday 14th Feb

0 Kudos