Menu
tracyp668
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow connection and speeds dropping in evening

Hi all,

I've just recently signed up to Virgin TV, Internet and Phone and am finding that the speeds are great in the morning and during the day, however dropping massively in the evening, does anyone know why? I've checked and there are no reported issues in the area.

Thanks 

internet.PNG

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow connection and speeds dropping in evening

Hey tracyp668,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Great to hear that you've just joined us but I'm sorry your connection is running slow at certain times. I've taken a look at this and I can see the usage in your area increasing during peak time hours, but right now it's not exceeding our thresholds to be raised as a fault. We can keep an eye on this though and if it does increase we will raise it to our networks team right away. In the mean time, you'll probably find that using an Ethernet cable where possible will help.

Sincere apologies for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

greyman
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

...and even when it does exceed the thresholds to be raised as a fault, you will still have weeks, months, even years to wait before they sort it out.

Welcome to VM.

paulcaddick
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't know where you are based, but I have exactly the same issue. During the day 50 - 70 mbps, come anytime after 6:00 p.m and I'm lucky to get above 3 mbps. Often the upload speed is higher than the download in the evenings.

When are Virgin going to sort this out??

I can accept that due to volume of traffic their will be a reduction in speed in the evenings, but it is the severity of this reduction that I find unacceptable.

tracyp668
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I'm based in Banstead Surrey!! Funnily enough it's seemed to improve a little after my post, but now has slowed right down again!!!

I've had the same, uploads higher than the download speed, it's ridiculous.
0 Kudos