Menu
PirateBread
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds - Asked to post here by Customer Support

Superhub 3 connected via Gigabit Ethernet to PC. I have run iPerf on my network and I can easily max out my 1gbit network.

Now my connection has never been great but it's always given me at least 70mbit which means in my household I can download stuff whilst my wife watches Netflix and we don't have a fight.

However last few weeks it's gotten worse and worse. Sometimes I struggle to get 20-30mbit which means that now I'm fighting with my wife because I can't download whilst she watches Netflix.

I am using Jack Dinns Auto Speed tester - doing multi-threaded testing to download from numerous local mirrors as well as testing using Speedtest.Net and ThinkBroadband.

Outside of peak I see 280mbit so doesn't appear to be a configuration issue.

Customer Service are saying that my local area is only seeing 80% peak usage and so SHOULDN'T BE CAUSING ME A PROBLEM because they have plenty of capacity left.... apparantly.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=148000912958417969001

So what's next? If I'm not getting the speed I'm paying for what can I do?

0 Kudos
PirateBread
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds - Asked to post here by Customer Support

Area code is : 22

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds - Asked to post here by Customer Support

Hi PirateBread,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

Thanks for all the checks you've done far. Have you been able to check it in modem only mode yet? If not, check out this link on the Virgin Media website and perform the same checks you've already done.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos