Menu
Bluemoonie69
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Serious thinking of cancelling my contract

Pitiful speeds night after night pay for 50 mb connection receiving 2.9mb this has been going on months now I keep my side of contract and pay as asked why cant Virgin provide an acceptable speed
This is getting beyond a joke
I signed up for a 70mb free speed boost however never received that also
0 Kudos
Speedie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Serious thinking of cancelling my contract

One word, cancel.
tiggrr1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have gone over to BT after 16 years with VM, was with them from the days of NTL.

The guy in cancelations seemed to find it difficult to believe that I wanted to leave but had no answer to the fact I had already had my BT line fitted and was not changing my mind. To be fair he was not pushy and made it easy and apologised for the service not being up to standard (5mb down on vivid 200).

Now I'm paying half the price and getting a solid 51mb on a 52mb service.

Vote with your feet and leave, I don't think anything is going to change soon.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bluemoonie69 wrote:
Pitiful speeds night after night pay for 50 mb connection receiving 2.9mb this has been going on months now I keep my side of contract and pay as asked why cant Virgin provide an acceptable speed
This is getting beyond a joke
I signed up for a 70mb free speed boost however never received that also

if you are in contract then they will want to charge a cancellation fee - max is £240 or there abouts - slow speeds might get you out but only if its well documented over time

the current price increase is a get out of jail card - you can cancel with no cancellation fee - there is a window - not sure what that is so check

Tony
SirRichardBrans
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been with VM for 8 years and for the first 7 the service was flawless - I could t be happier with it. But in the past year the speed at peak times has been shocking - about 0.5-2mb. They keep saying there is a service fault in my area and that they are working on it. Then the next month the same thing happens. I spoke to a manager at customer services and she basically told me that if I didn't like it I should leave (not in those exact words but that was the jist of it). Needless to say I have now cancelled my contract and will be setting up with BT or EE in the next few days.

My guess is your poor speeds will continue. Don't let them take advantage of you. You are not getting the service you are paying for. JUST CANCEL. I know it seems like a hassle but at the end of the day you will be glad you did.
Gorthox
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mine has gotten so bad that most of the time I'm using my phone's provider in order to browse and needless to say it's not virgin mobile. I've had constant outages since May - June and average speeds of 0.2 to 2.7 mb. I'm not going to take this anymore, I am cancelling my contract with them and will finally be in a buffer free zone.
0 Kudos