Menu
Chris19781
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor Broadband Reliability

Not sure where to start here but paying for a 200MB Vivid broadband connection on the Big Kahuna package since January 2016. For the last few months, since September 11th in fact i have noticed that the speeds are way below what i am paying for. I'm talking between 3Mbps and 11Mbps at peak times/weekends.

Have looked on the Virgin Media Service Status page to see if there are any faults, there are but only with the TV. I am currently getting 4Mbps. Have checked all of the connections on the hub and am wired directly with an ethernet connection. The overseas call centre staff seem clueless as to what is wrong and as far as they can see there is no fault.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Broadband Reliability

Hiya Chris19781,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004275040 and with a review date of 18th January 2017.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused. I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dralion
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Obvious looking at the replies to my original post Virgin do not read this..

That said are all ISP the same?.

I wonder if Usian Bolt gets slow browsing
0 Kudos
Dralion
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And the rest of us, or dont we count?
0 Kudos