Menu
Eyghon_VMSF
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Over Utilisation and SamKnows

If you are suffering Over Utilisation please apply for a SamKnows (https://www.samknows.com/) White Box which monitors your connection 24/7 (when you're not using it), your results are fed into national speed ratings (you can also view all sorts of information about your connection). I particularly want people in Area 14 (S65) to apply but obviously they will only want so many people in each area, if you have friends or family on VM get them to apply as well, there is NO COST involved and installation is very simple, it basically just needs to connect to your Modem\Router and Power.

The more people that can get accepted in badly Over Utilised areas the better as it will ultimately effect VM's ratings and they will HAVE to start fixing their Network.

Regards and please spread on Facebook etc.

Speedie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over Utilisation and SamKnows

Thanks for the heads up about this site, I've just signed up and hopefully this will get VM's bottom into gear to get these over utilisation issues fixed.
0 Kudos
trashjedi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I signed up too. Thanks for the info!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Eyghon_VMSF wrote:

If you are suffering Over Utilisation please apply for a SamKnows (https://www.samknows.com/) White Box

Spiffing good idea! - What took you so long to think of it? Smiley Tongue

Post back when you all get your SKWB (but it might be black not white?) and let us enquiring minds know whether it is the older SKWBv3 (TPlink 3600) or newer SKWBv5 (1750ac) version or even SKWBv8!

VM/SK Team do have a SK Forum on the this site administered by @Faye_G  and I'm sure we'd all love to have you participating?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Eyghon_VMSF
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My neighbour was talking about his BB problems and I had also just signed up a mate to SK so I was in a spreading the word kinda mood Smiley Wink

I hope they've had more than 2 sign-ups from the 80+ views Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Eyghon_VMSF wrote: .... I was in a spreading the word kinda mood Smiley Wink

Wish everyone here was in the same mood! Smiley Tongue

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
lojelo5
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to bring back an old topic.

Just a small question I applied for this some time back possibly 10 or so months ago when I was already suffering from high utilisation for nearly 14months prior to me applying for it. Anyway 10months or so on, 25 months into suffering from high utilisation in area 14 (Doncaster) just as supposedly a lot of work has been done in my area also being told I was moved to a different CMTS that wasn't suffering from high utilisation and my connection seems to be getting slightly better I receive a Samknows whitebox!! Why wasn't it sent out much earlier?

Just asking

0 Kudos