Menu
steveyboy2k12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not reaching average speed on 200 vivid

I have 200 vivid and i just did a speed test and got a download speed of only 79.11mbs and 12.36 upload which isnt the average speed i was offered what should i do?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not reaching average speed on 200 vivid

Did you test on a wired or wifi connection? If wifi try wired it can be a lot faster

Also try a different time of the day as weekends are busy all day and weekdays evenings up to about 11pm

The reason I ask this is if it's Just weekends and busy times, them you shave an issue that could just be over utilisation virgin sold more bandwidth that they have available
If all the time them it's different and should be resolved in much less time

Also I forgot, have you checked to see if there is an issue in your local?

wifi speed is dependant on lots of stuff, the capability of your device, if it's only got 2.4ghz then your not doing to bad on it, if there are other wifi signal around that are on the same channel as your wifi that causes interference and that slows you and them down, so changing the channel should help there. The amount of devices connected and using the web on your wifi also slows down everyone connected to the wifi

0 Kudos
steveyboy2k12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply I'm on a wired connection and i checked it now as im getting buffering so it may be because it's the weekend but i get buffering when watching 1080p and especially 4k content all the time what ever time it is and there is no known issues in my local area.

0 Kudos
kevinV
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are luicky to get a speed of 79Mb, my vivid 200 is luck to reeach 50 and in two years has only gone above 100mb twice.  Virgin are selling products they cannot deliver.  I have had the power adjusted in the local cabinet, the router changed and still luck to get any stabilised speed above 50Mb.

have a look at the other forum answers for speed i belive the problem is upgrading from 152 to 200I had stability before the upgrade.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi steveyboy2k12,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read that you are not achieving the up to 200 Mbps broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low.

Are you able to complete a speed test whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please to see if the speeds differ? This will eliminate other devices connected.

With the PC/laptop that you are testing with, does this have a gigabit LAN card and are you using a Cat 5e or above Ethernet cable?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos