Menu
TrudyW
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No connection or as slow as 0.35mbs on 100mgb plus

I have just called Virgin Media to ask why my Internet is so slow? This as been ongoing fir the past few weeks! The call centre person did his test as the norm. All good he did something. And ask me to test it again. Doing so it came back, after an age to load the site with0.34mbs.
Then he told me it was an issue with the network. And that there were to many users at 23:16 and to try and use the internet off peak. WHAT. And when asking when would the issue be sorted out he told me mid May. Mid may !!!!!!
What the hell. I pay £78.00 per month and have to what and hope that in may I can get the service I pay fir now to work. And with that I was told he could not do anything to help with the connection speed now. Why have virgin media not contacted all customers and told them that the system cannot support the amount of people online. And why do they think they can charge for a service I am not getting
One not very happy customer.
As anyone in the Nottinghamshire NG17 had or having the same issue
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection or as slow as 0.35mbs on 100mgb plus

Welcome to the high utilisation club, a member of the forum team will be along in 7 days or so and supply you with a fault code and a review date that means nothing, When that date arrives they will then give you another review date and nothing will change.. After 6+ review dates they will then close the case and not fix the issue and start a brand new fault code and review date... mines been going 12 years, brace yourself.

Good here aint it.

0 Kudos
TrudyW
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Looks like time to change supplier. There monthly price keeps holing up and the service is getting worse. And customer service is not good at all.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello TrudyW

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are suffering slow peak time speeds and it does not sound like you had the best of calls to us, please except our apologies. We would like to carry out some growth work in the area, the reference is F004484278 and the current review date is showing as 10 MAY 2017.

I will send you a forum private message to discuss further, please reply when you have a moment.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
elisagrace
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I seem to remember I had a winge to VM a year ago at being billed for 100mbps and getting under 20 mbps so told them to drop the speed to 50 and charge me less.  Can't remember the diffference but it was a couple of quid a month saved since they can't supply high speed broadband.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks
kristina
fixithere
0 Kudos