Menu
BlakeH
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My internet keeps dropping out for a split second

So for about 2 weeks my internet has been dropping out for literally a second before being ok again ever half an hour or so. Normally it doesn't interfere with using it as my pc just blips for a second. However I'm pretty much unable to do anything that requires a stable, uninterrupted connection such as play Xbox live games or games on my pc. It's beginning to be a major pain as it recovers instantly but by that point I've lost connection to servers. I've checked the router and am not getting any unusual error messages when this happens, speed is fine and there's no interruption to wifi on my phone and such. Any hints or clues as to what's causing this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My internet keeps dropping out for a split second

Hi BlakeH, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your internet dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test your connection from this side, but I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets sorted for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BlakeH
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam, so the issue seems to have been a firmware update that was pushed to the 2ac router. Saw a notice on the forum regarding this. There was a rollback and all seems to be working fine now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BlakeH, 

Thanks for responding! 

I appreciate you letting me know that everything seems to be fine since the update! This is great news! 

Just remember if you require any assistance in future then post back here and we'll gladly help out in any way can.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
4x4
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here. On Xbox I get the no internet message but it is only off for a split second. I get it every 30 mins or so . I can't play Hordes online because it resets my progress to zero.  I know it is only a split second like a flick of a switch from my webmail which flicks up a quick message "Server unreachable".

0 Kudos
BlakeH
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From what I understand the issue I had with Xbox one was due to a firmware update for the 2ac router, it basically broke everything. The update was since rolled back and things seemed better. However as of late I have been having more issues than usual (I always have intermittent issue with MMOs as this is likely traffic management) but this has been extended to Xbox once again. My only guess is either VM managing traffic or another dreaded broken update.
0 Kudos
4x4
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was warned that this happens by an ardent gamer and they advised to switch to another provider which I did and guess what.................no problems whatsoever. I am convinced that the situation is deliberately created by Virgin especially as it always occurred around midnight but that may be because I am a late night gamer. lol

0 Kudos