Menu
jimmyhub87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My broadband is super slow

Ive been with virgin broadband for nearly 3 years now my broadband speed has always been super fast but a couple months ago my router packed in so i joined this community to get it sorted...after alot of crying out for help like tom hanks in cast away....you no the wilson scene....i had a virgin engineer sent out who fixed the problem....but ever since my broadband speed has been about as fast as a snail stuck on glue.....i pay over £33 a month...so when i have my girlfriend round for the night an ive promised her we can watch dirty dancing without the worry of Patrick swazey buffering....only to find he pauses every 5 seconds.....i feel like ive been sold my broadband by del boy .....so please send someone out to fix this asap cause im runny out of things to talk about to my girlfriend when the buffering happens
Tags (1)

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My broadband is super slow

Hi jimmyhub87

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003540547 and with a review date of 21st September.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with further updates.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
magicniner
Superfast
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is a high peak time traffic fault in your area means far more bandwidth than can be delivered has been sold. 

The networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue in lots of places but not in your area, otherwise there wouldn't be a review date, only once a review date for your area upon which a decision to take action actually comes around some work may be scheduled in your area. 

A review date of 21st September is the date at which a decision will be taken as to whether to do something or set another review date 2, 3 or more months later. 

My area has had review dates come and go since 2014, I have now been promised a work date in around 5 weeks, I'll believe it when it happens! 

The CEO Team Customer Services came through for me!
JoyceM
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Let's face it Virgin Media is crap and doesn't live up to expectations We put up with it due to lack of competition I pay for 50mps and have been getting 2-3 download speeds despite being a customer for over 10 years The engineer came out after 3 weeks without service after 20 phone calls and fixed sod all Virgin Media are crap full stop
JohnCusick
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same for me. I'm on the 150mb package. Been very slow since it was down last week. Pages not loading properly, cannot stream, slow download speed. Status page says no issues found which is bs. I can't sign into my account either to log or check think since VM transfered the account from my dad's name to mine (I've always paid the bill though) I have been with the service since it was NTL before VM took over. I pay a lot now. Service has been rubbish the last couple of years
yus00
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a similar problem with my fibre service. VM promised me a faster service instead I have been putting up with a mediocre service for the past 2 months ( HA2 - Area 21). All the issues started 5 days after I signed up. They have these sales men walking up and down the road every weekend trying to flog this horrendous service. It might work for a week or two and once your out of you cooling off period it's just stops working. I must have called thier customer service at least 20 times and all I get is a new review date which comes and goes. The latest date is now more than a month away. Now that I have had enough and want to leave they are saying I am in contract when I was specifically told my cooling off period would only start once the service was fixed.

I have had to take drastic actions and complained logged a formal complaint which I will take forward to the higher authority (ofcom has some good stuff on thier website).

I have also asked for transcripts of my conversation with thier customer assistances so that I can prove I shouldn't be forced into a contact when the service doesn't work.

I would recommend everyone does the same so that enough exposure and movement is made in VM in investing in a better infrastructure or letting us walk away to someone else who can provide a stable service

Hope this helps.
yus00
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@bruno70 & cheetah.

Hey guys...

My best advise would be to make a formal complaint on the VM website about the service. The fact that you are paying for a service which was sold as a super duper speedster service, yet it works at snail pace or not at all means that you are in your right to get a firm date of fix or free to leave for another provider.

VM have a number of days to fix the issue, after which the issue has to be referred to CISAS.

Hopefully the complaint should get things moving for you.

In my case they said that if they could not fix the issue by the end of the month I could move to some else free of charge (not tied into contract).

I frankly had enough waiting for new fix dates and have decided to go back to a standard ASAP broadband service.

Hope this helps.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jimmyhub87

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003540547 and with a review date of 21st September.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with further updates.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
magicniner
Superfast
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is a high peak time traffic fault in your area means far more bandwidth than can be delivered has been sold. 

The networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue in lots of places but not in your area, otherwise there wouldn't be a review date, only once a review date for your area upon which a decision to take action actually comes around some work may be scheduled in your area. 

A review date of 21st September is the date at which a decision will be taken as to whether to do something or set another review date 2, 3 or more months later. 

My area has had review dates come and go since 2014, I have now been promised a work date in around 5 weeks, I'll believe it when it happens! 

The CEO Team Customer Services came through for me!
JoyceM
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Let's face it Virgin Media is crap and doesn't live up to expectations We put up with it due to lack of competition I pay for 50mps and have been getting 2-3 download speeds despite being a customer for over 10 years The engineer came out after 3 weeks without service after 20 phone calls and fixed sod all Virgin Media are crap full stop
JohnCusick
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same for me. I'm on the 150mb package. Been very slow since it was down last week. Pages not loading properly, cannot stream, slow download speed. Status page says no issues found which is bs. I can't sign into my account either to log or check think since VM transfered the account from my dad's name to mine (I've always paid the bill though) I have been with the service since it was NTL before VM took over. I pay a lot now. Service has been rubbish the last couple of years
JohnCusick
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Very-slow-speed-streaming-downloads/m-p/3137923#M117914

I'm trying the "superhub" on router mode now instead of modem mode with my Asus n66u.  Same issues 

👿👿👿😩😵

0 Kudos
yus00
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a similar problem with my fibre service. VM promised me a faster service instead I have been putting up with a mediocre service for the past 2 months ( HA2 - Area 21). All the issues started 5 days after I signed up. They have these sales men walking up and down the road every weekend trying to flog this horrendous service. It might work for a week or two and once your out of you cooling off period it's just stops working. I must have called thier customer service at least 20 times and all I get is a new review date which comes and goes. The latest date is now more than a month away. Now that I have had enough and want to leave they are saying I am in contract when I was specifically told my cooling off period would only start once the service was fixed.

I have had to take drastic actions and complained logged a formal complaint which I will take forward to the higher authority (ofcom has some good stuff on thier website).

I have also asked for transcripts of my conversation with thier customer assistances so that I can prove I shouldn't be forced into a contact when the service doesn't work.

I would recommend everyone does the same so that enough exposure and movement is made in VM in investing in a better infrastructure or letting us walk away to someone else who can provide a stable service

Hope this helps.
bruno70
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

my broad band has been very slow in the evenings its not allowing me to work 

last time this happened the engineer said too much speed was going into the wire which made it bad. apperantly an engineer was working on the outside box 3 weeks ago and he must have boosted the system and done something to my line.

how do i report a fault please i need an engineer to sort it out

many thanks fro Bruno 70

0 Kudos
cheetah
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Same here in sunny Sm2 6rt Area and the date is 27 July 2016

0 Kudos
yus00
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@bruno70 & cheetah.

Hey guys...

My best advise would be to make a formal complaint on the VM website about the service. The fact that you are paying for a service which was sold as a super duper speedster service, yet it works at snail pace or not at all means that you are in your right to get a firm date of fix or free to leave for another provider.

VM have a number of days to fix the issue, after which the issue has to be referred to CISAS.

Hopefully the complaint should get things moving for you.

In my case they said that if they could not fix the issue by the end of the month I could move to some else free of charge (not tied into contract).

I frankly had enough waiting for new fix dates and have decided to go back to a standard ASAP broadband service.

Hope this helps.