Menu
asalcedo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Low evening speeds in Area 21

I get 210 MB/s in the mornings and, often times, 20 MB/s in the evenings.

This has happened for a long time.

I know that in the evenings traffic is higher, but I find this unacceptable quality of service. 

Can we do something other than calling tech support who don't do anything?

kyle_n
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low evening speeds in Area 21

In short, no. I am in SW2 London and the over utilisation problem has been going on for about 2 years, with the next review date in April. When April comes I am sure it will be pushed down the road another three months.

0 Kudos
Lightning
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here, it's honestly ridiculous that they're able to do this.

VM literally increases their price every single year, or has done for the last 3 years. They stepped up their advertising game too - meaning that even more people are singing up and hence the lack of speed in the evening. The Internet wasn't too bad for me in the past but nowadays it truly is getting ridiculous, I mean let's be honest - VM is clearly not making enough millions from us; they're aiming for billions.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning asalcedo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've managed to locate your account and it appears that you are being affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area. The reference number is F004449408 and has a review date of 19th July.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM, which you can find by clicking on the purple envelope icon, in the right corner.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos