Menu
Stephen_033
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistent speed and internet service

For the past month i get very very slow speed at night time and high ping, on top of that my internet connect is unstable and cut off several times throughout the day.

I am an online gamer and i need internet constantly and a good one but the service I am getting is terrible.

Any advice of getting a new provider? I want a genuine answer please

I NEED:

Consistent speed - the one i was promised and i pay for

constant connection - reliable 

Good ping

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistent speed and internet service

Hi Stephen_033

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read that your experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The traffic and SNR (signal to noise ratio) is running low on the network.

Are you able to complete a speed test through a wired connection during the day and evening so we can see the difference please? 

In regards to the broadband disconnecting does this only happen through wireless devices?

Can you also post information from the Super Hub please as this will help us further. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jaffa71
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Since the year 2008 I have been a committed customer of Virgin ( Cable & Wireless ) what I have noticed is since Virgin Media were taken over by the Liberty Group their internet / fibre optic service has got WORSE .....why ? Even their technicans can't answer that question. We have complained dozens of times for the appalling service I have proof of the atrocious service from a wired connection, x-box, ethernet connection and wireless facility which isn't even available upsrairs in our property. Recently they PROMISED the issue would be resolved and upgraded the line BUT my son only just checked the speed of this 100mb package & results were
14mb ( download ) 45 Ping then after rebooting the modem the results hardly changed 26mb ( download ) 38 Ping - So NO MORE good customer or long term commitment and certainly NO MORE recommendations of Virgin Media to family / friends until this INCONSISTENT BROADBAND is fixed
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaffa71,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the forum!

Really sorry to hear about the slow speeds and connection problems you're experiencing. I want to check this but I can't find your account info. Please drop me a PM confirming your name and address so I can help further.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos