Menu
smhx
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If I didn't go 120mbps > 152mbps, have I lost out on 200mbps

First time posting, but have been left confused by 2 phone calls to virgin.

I am on 120mbps. Had the offer of a free upgrade to 152mbps a while back, but was told I needed a hub. And they were flaky back then, so I left it - after checking I could still do it further down the line. Which was confirmed.

I spoke to virgin a few months back. Ready to go to 152mbps and get the hub.
Was told couldn't do it. Best to wait for 200mbps and then go with that. Would still be free.

Kept looking at the when will it be ready page and putting my postcode in. Should be in August, then September and finally now November, its ready!

I cannot amend my account online. And it doesn't give any option to get my speed boost when I log in.
When I ring up, the staff who I speak to cannot put me on 200mbps, unless I pay more per month. One even said it is free, but costs more (eh?).
And it has been left like that.

By not doing the 152mbps, have I ruled myself out of a free upgrade to 200mbps?
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: If I didn't go 120mbps > 152mbps, have I lost out on 200mbps

While I don't work for virgin, I can't see any reason why they would exclude you from the 200mbps upgrade when it should be made available, to them its out there for everyone so as long as your paying for the tariff that makes you eligible for the said deal they will just upgrade you when you ask.
0 Kudos
smhx
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would have thought and hoped the same. But from 2 phone calls it doesn't seem like it. I am on maximum for everything!

Looks like the only way I can go 120mbps > 200mbps is to pay more.

Which flies in the face of Virgin's speed upgrades.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And while 120 to 200 is a big step are you getting close to the 120 now, if not do you expect it to improve in any way?
0 Kudos
smhx
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It does give me 120mbps or as near as (get 70mbps over wifi, which won't improve without better wifi). I use Gigabit networking for my PC's.
I won't fault the speed.
If it's a free upgrade, why not get it?
0 Kudos