Menu
keef666
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought i was getting an upgrade in speed?

Hello everyone,

About three weeks ago my new superhub 3 was delivered to my door, and that monring my good friend set it up for me, i was on the phone dialing up to activite the broadband, i had to leave it to my mate as needed to go to work, when i came home i asked is it faster yet, we ran a speed test, nope still 20 mb,

I have been on this forum as about how to get a speed increase and had replies about getting in to the superhub and getting the print outs to see what it giving me etc,  i even replaced my PCIE card and the ethernet cable to a cat6b hoping that would boost the speed,

Now i have just left my profile and my package information, and its telling me I'm on 20mbps, so can some one tell me, what was all this about a free upgrade to 70mb, my monthly bill has gone up, next month its £40.30 which i think is way over the top just for 20mb and a free phone calls on weekends!

0 Kudos
keef666
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I thought i was getting an upgrade in speed?

Just to add to my other post, i had an e mail from virgin to inform me of the speed boost in my area, few months back, then another to order my superhub, and book and engeer to install it, this turned into a **bleep** up, having taken the day off work and nothing, then some one on here tried to sort it out, gets another e mail my superhub is on the way, and install it your self,

So after installing this new super hub 3 and no speed increase, and spending more money on upgrades to my computer which i didn't need as it turns out and i have to wait till Feb next year, so is that four years now i have been waiting, nice of you to let us know,  funny how the price every year goes up with out fail, thats never late! How about a price drop Virgin you must be raking in billions!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi keef666,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read that there has been an issue with the upgrade in speeds.

I've taken a look at your account, and the free speed upgrade is available which I can put through for you.

If you would like me to do this for you, can you reply with some of your details to the PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) that I have sent you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning Keith,

Thanks for the reply and confirming your details, I appreciate it.

The free speed upgrade has now gone through for you. You may have to reboot the router, once this has been done, the speeds will be there ready for you to use Smiley Happy

If there are any further issues, by all means get back in touch.

Take care

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
keef666
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Just wanted to send my thanks  and working fine,

thanks again,

keith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Keith,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I'm glad the speed upgrade went through ok and it's all working for you, that's great Smiley Happy

Take care

Sam

0 Kudos