Menu
jtfab75
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I pay for vivid 200 but only getting 75mbps

I've done a speed test on my iPad Air and Xbox one s (wired using powerline)  and I'm only getting 75mbps.

I have the hub 2, could this be the problem ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I pay for vivid 200 but only getting 75mbps

To get the true speed of the connection you need to test the speeds  wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equiped with a gigabit ethernet network card.

What powerline adapter do you have? The speed could be limited by the powerline adapter's capability and the condition of your home's electrical circuits.

the iPad air is MIMO capable and should be able to get around 150 - 180Mbps on the 5Ghz band at close range.  I would check that the SH2's 5Ghz radio is set to 450Mbps performance mode.

Which SH2 do you have the SH2 (VMDG 485) or the SH2AC (VMDG 490)?

You will need the SH2 AC and wireless AC clients to have a realistic chance of getting 200Mbps wirelessly

oroszgaz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Im getting 20 mb/s and paying for 200 vivid thanks virgin (Y)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jtfab75,

Apologies for your slower speeds though my tests haven't revealed any fault that might be causing this.

I think that griffin's advice to start with a hardwired connection direct to the Hub is the best starting point. So take a note of what he's written and, if you do connect directly to the Hub, please run a couple of speed tests via speedtest.net and post the output on here. 

We'll then take a further look into this for you.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
croma
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi , I also getting 75 - 101mb and my pc is directly connected via cat6 . I also got for few days the 210mb then all started going down hill.

My router is the SH2AC , tried to contact VM 3 days in a row now  get to the help off shore and get fobbed off with silly excuses. not happy at all. I don't get what I am paying for.

Also if I connect more than 4 or 5 devices via wifi then wifi dropps dead , a reboot resolves issue.

0 Kudos
DUGZBOZ
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is your wired pc windows 10 if so I have found a fault with a windows update causing an issue
0 Kudos
DUGZBOZ
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speed issues identified as caused by Windows 10 Update KB3209498

I have been having issues with slow speeds over the last week or so and have identified the fault as being caused by flash player.
The issue is native to windows 10 PC/Laptops and now ones that are upgraded from Windows 7 that use the full adobe flash player, only affects browser inbuilt flash player. When running speed test on www.speedtest .net with browsers with inbuilt flash I get speeds of 40-70Mbps (Edge/IE/Chrome). If I uninstall Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB3209498) and run speedtest again on Edge or IE I then get 300Mbps. I also have a network adapter that shows the speeds and this shows the same speed as the speedtest with and without the update which means that flash is throttling the speeds.

1.jpg

2.jpg 

Remove the adobe flash player update and run speed test again

3.jpg

Windows update will re-download the update but you can download a tool the will stop this from happening.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

0 Kudos