Menu
blaydzman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Horrendous Download Speed

For nearly two months I have been getting on average download speeds of 6mbps which I'm sure you'll agree is extremely slow especially when I'm on up to 152mbps. It gets so bad at times that Amazon prime/Netflix stops working and speed test shows download speeds of just over 1mbps. This is completely unacceptable and probably in breach of contract. Why is it acceptable for Virgin to provide such a poor service and continue to increase prices? What can I do to get this sorted and compensated? Forgot to mention that next door neighbours had VM installed two months ago just after I started having snags, engineer tapped off our box to get them online and said it wouldn't affect our service, cue total loss of all services for next three hours. He rectified the snag, speed went up to 106mbps for approximately 6 hours then reverted to less than 10mbps.
0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrendous Download Speed

You can phone up customer service and ask them to give you a refund, of which only will be partial (you're looking at like £7 - £10 off each month you suffer the inconvenience) if this issue is infact due to over utilisation.

Outside of this, you're stuck.

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrendous Download Speed

HI blaydzman,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F003817285). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 1st March.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so we can discuss this further.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos