Menu
seddakmiah
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

High utilisation - area 04

Hi. I joined virgin at the start of Jan 2017. I understand there is a problem with high utilisation is my area (area 04).

I am paying for upto 200mbps but receive under 10mbps during peak times. I have been informed a ticket has been raised and issue is expected to be fixed in April 2017.

I have seen similar post about this issue in my area from Jan 2016. Do these issues ever actually get fixed?

Can I get an update please with a reference number?
0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: High utilisation - area 04

Area 04 also (Dudley)

Don't expect it fixed in April. It's a review date it can and will change.

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

seddakmiah wrote:
Hi. I joined virgin at the start of Jan 2017. I understand there is a problem with high utilisation is my area (area 04).

I am paying for upto 200mbps but receive under 10mbps during peak times. I have been informed a ticket has been raised and issue is expected to be fixed in April 2017.

I have seen similar post about this issue in my area from Jan 2016. Do these issues ever actually get fixed?

Can I get an update please with a reference number?

The issue has been going on for over 3 years, with no fix date in sight, you have been lied to by VM sales, as they do this often.

My usual spiel to help customers that VM want to leech more money out of them. 

If I was you run, run as fast as you can to cancel your contract, if you are in an oversubscribed area it will take years for VM to put their hand in their pockets, they will blame the councils first for planning permission. You don't need a 14 day cooling period, they broke their side of the contract, and get them to pay for your previous ISP to be installed back as you are out of pocket, they have a legal duty of care to provide you with your contracted speed, they have failed.

• You need to cancel ASAP. (14 days cooling period does not apply in proven oversubscribed areas)
  • You need to complain using their procedure : Complaints Code Of Practice.
  • After 8 Weeks take it up with VM's regulator CISAS.
  • Request with the CISAS complaint that you want to be fully reimbursed for all costs and time, including reconnecting you to your previous working ISP (you can get a max of £10k) and a written apology to rub it in.
  • You don't need to be in contract with VM to do all this.

If more people do this VM with get a hefty fine for not treating their customers by the rules, a bit like what happened to EE.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shocking they actually sold it to you knowing there is utilisation it's against common sense Virgin.

0 Kudos
Clownstyle
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here.

Im receiving a discount on my monthly bill (-£12) but this service is simply not worth it. It comes to something where the 4g mobile data is x10 faster than my wired broadband connection.

Where do we stand on cancelling while still under contract due to poor performance?
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to VM's code of practise, or lack of it, OFCOM rules:

Quote from OFCOM: Codes of practice

Under the voluntary code of practice on broadband speeds, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) agree to give clear information on broadband speeds to consumers when they consider or buy a home broadband service, and to provide redress when speeds performance is poor. Ofcom and ISPs have agreed a revised code which came into effect on 1st October 2015.

Links to the revised code, and a plain English guide for consumers are provided below.

List A shows those ISPs who have confirmed that they have now implemented and are signed up to the 2015 Code. ISPs who have signed up have agreed to abide by the principles and spirit of the Code. This does not guarantee compliance but we expect signatories to commit to honour the letter and spirit of the Code. We will monitor compliance with the Code using measures such as ongoing mystery shopping.

List B below shows those ISPs who informed us, at the time of implementation of the revised 2015 voluntary Code of Practice or at a later stage, that they want to sign up to the Code once they are compliant with the requirements.

If you are an ISP and would like to sign up to the voluntary 2015 Code of Practice, please email Celia.Pontin@ofcom.org.uk

List A

• BT
  • Sky
  • Virgin Media
  • KC
  • EE
  • Talk Talk
  • Vodafone
  • Zen Internet

List B

• Hyperoptic
  • Plusnet
  • InTouch Systems
  • The Co-op
  • Post Office

So VM have actually broken that code with their sales team, and OFCOM will be told Via CISAS, we need more people to make official complaints as soon as.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy