Menu
darrenadams77
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Getting Very Fed Up of Poor Speeds

Can anyone offer any advice?

I am getting really poor broadband speeds. I pay for 50mb and at the moment I am getting just under 9mb.

I have called up Virgin 3 times about the issue and get fobbed off with a different excuse every time.

1st call - I was on to technical support for 45 minutes and they told me I needed a new Super hub as mine is the 1st gen one so I got told to speak to customer services and they would arrange a new hub. They put me through and the adviser on the phone would not order me the hub and insisted I upgraded my speed to 100mb. I was very annoyed at this and told him I wasn't even getting 50mb and felt it was a ploy to get me into another 12 month contract so I cant go elsewhere.

2nd Call - I spoke to a lady in customer service who advised me that if customer service ordered the hub for me I would have to pay. She told me that technical support would have to order the hub if its a fault and it would be free of charge. As I was at work she told me I would need to ring back when i'm home so technical support can trouble shoot the issue. She put notes on my account telling telling them I need a new hub.

3rd Call - I rang technical support as advised and they told me they can't order the hub as my issue is due to high demand in my area. He told me he cant help me but he was on my side that I shouldn't be paying for a service i'm not getting.

This has been going on for a month now. I'm paying £34 a month for a service that is at the moment useless to me.

download speeds.jpg

0 Kudos
darrenadams77
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting Very Fed Up of Poor Speeds

My Area is Staffordshire ST5

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting Very Fed Up of Poor Speeds

Hello darrenadams77,

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I know this is disappointing.

I've tried to take a look at this for you, but I'm unable to locate your account. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your details.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos