Menu
Tristan_C
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Fault number: F003444101. Area Code: 21. Area: Wandsworth SW18

Hi there

I called your technical support team in January 2016 about very slow broadband speeds during peak times in Area 21. We pay for 50mbps and peak speeds average around 1.6mbps. I was told in January that this would be resolved by 17 March. I received a £3.38 credit for the inconvenience caused by three months of unacceptably slow broadband speeds. 

I called your team again today, 28 March 2016, as broadband speeds still average around 1.6mbps at peak times. I was told that the revised date by which the issues would be resolved would be 8 June 2016. By then, this will mean six months of terrible broadband service. 

I have asked for proper compensation (not the £3.38, which was - frankly - offensive and barely covered the telephone call to Virgin) and I have asked for written proposals for resolving the fault. Neither the technical team nor the Customer Support team were able to assist in this respect. 

Someone at Virgin Media needs to take some responsibility for this and explain to customers why they are being provided with a fraction of the speeds that they are paying for. This needs escalating and urgently. The two reasons we signed up to a Virgin Media contract was for broadband speed and broadband reliability. We are receiving neither. The service is abysmal, the technical support is laughable and the customer service team - as sympathetic as they are - can offer no tangible solutions. 

Please propose some solutions to this issue. I cannot believe it is a Virgin Media policy to gleefully tell customers that a problem at least three months old will not be resolved for another three months. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault number: F003444101. Area Code: 21. Area: Wandsworth SW18

Phone staff read scripts and as such the dates they give, they give as fix dates as they are trying to make you happy and off the phone. The reality is these are review dates, where they review how far along the progress of any works is being done.

Never listen to phone support about fix dates, invariably they will be wrong and you will get another 'fix' date from them 3 months down the line again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
pbibs
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

A review date means diddly squat without additional information.   Surely a proposed fix date would be better.  This system just gets peoples backs up.

There may well be work being undertaken but many are sceptical and who can blame them when these "review" dates are pushed further and further back for many months.  They are meaningless.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Phone staff give you the 'proposed fix dates' already. Albeit they are the same dates the forum staff give as review dates.

What would you prefer though?

A fix date that gets missed.

Or

A review date that you know will likely get pushed back (until they say they have scheduled works due to be taking place in X month)

0 Kudos
PhotoLewis
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same issue here on East Hill, Wandsworth.

I had consistant 40-50mbps download before they "doubled" everyone's speed for free. From what I can tell, they basically allowed way too much traffic on to their network through kit that is simply not able to cope with demands on it.

It's an absolute joke and I think we should to take it social media to spare any would be customers the loss of money, time and energy.

Lewis

Richard12
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This specific fault has been known to Virgin for well over a year according to this very forum.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-download-speeds-SW18/td-p/2555844/page/5

Virgin, do you genuinely intend to do any work on this fault whatsoever?

Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard12,

Apologies for the ongoing peak time load issues, I appreciate it's taken a while to get the necessary upgrade work completed, though the good news this is ongoing as we speak so touch wood improvements are imminent if not already looking better.

Keep us posted with how thing are looking and we'll gladly report back with how the network upgrades are going.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tmullens45
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I am experiencing unbearably slow broadband speed EVERY evening for the last 4 weeks or so. I have had an engineer out and he says its a fault F003444101 which is causing my issue. Currently I am having to use my Vodafone data to access the Virgin Media website to write this post it is just not anywhere near a usable broadband service. See my picture attached for results of speed tests I have taken. 

Fault F003444101 has been going on for years, they say it will be fixed by December but it will just end up getting rolled over in to next year (that is what happened last year) . I just have no confidence that Virgin Media will sort this out. 

Is anybody able to give me reassurance that this issue will be sorted? or should I look to cancel my contract? 

Regards, 

tmullens45

IMG_0011.jpg

ldso
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

During peak times my super fibre 50 plan on a superhub 2ac router delivers 1.5mbs for the last 5-6 months at Earlsfield.

Worse still Virgin offered a measly discount of about 5 pounds for being a loyal customer.

We were promised of a resolution to this at Xmas 2016 by customer service, but it hasn't improved.

I've now heard it is due to be finished at March 2017 but how can I believe that since they promised Xmas before.

Worse still my contract ended so my bill is larger so effectively i'm paying £40 a month for 1.5mbs.

Customer service is a nightmare to deal with siloed departments unable to resolve your issue constantly flicking your call between different service centres in different countries.

Absolutely distressing and disgusting.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@idso

Any date given by phone staff is just a review date even if they say it's a fix date and promise the world it will be fixed.

That's just the scripts.

0 Kudos