Menu
Gosaiv
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Extremely slow evening speed

Hi, I'm experiencing extremely slow broadband speed in the evenings for the last few months. Speed is around 1mb, when I'm paying for 50mb. During the day speed is fine, however in the evenings it drops to 1mb. If VM are experiencing high usage shouldn't they add to their capacity.

Phone calls to report the issue have waiting times of over 10 minutes. Is this something that can be reported to Ofcom?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely slow evening speed

Gosaiv wrote:
Hi, I'm experiencing extremely slow broadband speed in the evenings for the last few months. Speed is around 1mb, when I'm paying for 50mb. During the day speed is fine, however in the evenings it drops to 1mb. If VM are experiencing high usage shouldn't they add to their capacity.

Phone calls to report the issue have waiting times of over 10 minutes. Is this something that can be reported to Ofcom?

Thanks.

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or you could try talking to VM and get them to look at it.

If they do not solve the issue, you can get a credit for the days in question.

Thats the simple guide.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gosaiv,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during peak hours.

I've run some checks on your broadband connection, the line and the hub have come back as fine which is good. However high peak time traffic in your area is causing the slow speeds you have been experiencing. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003444101 and has a review date of 29th March.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Peroni666
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Since subscribing years ago I can not stream HD films on my tv.

now my speeds are down to about 1 .....I am paying for the 150

ive been told my area ( BH12) has a problem .....until May !

It's been about 'over subscription ' ...... but now the word is 'utilisation ' 

I have never had such lies and rubbish told over the phone from any company as large as VM.

it can not be legal to take money for a statement that doesn't work.I have been told I will get £4 month reduction ,but I still can not watch films !