Menu
markb73
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Extremely dissapointed with broadband speed

Hi tp all......I have recently changed from BSB to Virgin , phone works fantastically well , no issues......TV constantly not recording what I ask it to, channels keep not working at times that are quite frankly on purpose....i.e formula one channel turns off when the actual races start and I mean all the time .......how very bizarre....

NOW THE HUNCH POINT ........INTERNET....SUPER FAST FIBRE OPTIC AS ADVERTISED USING HUSSAIN BOLT .....WHAT A JOKE ......

I have been told I should be getting 200 meg and all tests I have done have been 20 meg up to once and I mean once peaking at 32 meg........upload was ok and stable at 8 meg mainly but does drop also......

Phone call made engineer to come sort TV out.....put through to sort internet and all parties agreed its not lon that I get 10 per cent of what I am paying for so the lovely gent tweeked settings and it went up , hour later google search engine was extremely slow, low and behold last few hours of testing its dropped again......Now I am at my wits end here and fed up with the bull I get on phones ect .....

I will now give Virgin a lesson in customer not being served properly.....

YOU EITHER MAKE MY INTERNET STABLE AND AT THE SPEED I PAY FOR , MAKE MY TV WORK AS IT SHOULD OR I WILL SHOW AND TELL EVERYONE ON HERE A FEW THINGS IN LAW YES LAW ON HOW THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO CANCEL THEIR CONTRACTS UNDER THE SALE AND SUPPLY OF GOODS ACT AS AMMENDED, WE ARE NOT GETTING WHAT WE PAY FOR THEREFORE YOU AS A COMPANY ARE IN BREACH OF THE SAID CONTRACT AND I WILL BE EXPECTING A FULL AND FINAL REFUND IF NOT CORRECTED.....I HAVE LAID THE GAUNTLET LETS SEE HOW LONG BEFORE YOU EITHER DELETE THIS FROM OTHERS VIEW OR ACTUALLY PULL FINGERS OUT AND TELL THE TRUTH THAT YOU SIMPLY CANNOT PROVIDE WHAT YOU ARE SELLING TO THE MASSES .....

By all means guys and gals lets all get together if experiencing same or similar and I will go elsewhere and public also in fact as a whole they will only o anything if they going to lose money or have to pay compo and that's what need to be done so be it..........

0 Kudos
sonobuoy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely dissapointed with broadband speed

I have a speed problem this evening. Usually 150+ but problems started (Basingstoke) c 20.30 and speeds were down to less than 10. I rang 151 but hung up after not getting through after c 15 minutes. Speeds are up to c 20 now so a bit more bearable. However, I'm supposedly getting (and paying for) 150+.

Maybe it's a short term problem but there is NO COMMUNICATION from virgin about any problems. Even if you get through on the occasions you have problems, they maintain it's your equipment & an engineer will call. It generally isn't your equipment & they retrospectively send a text to cancel the engineer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extremely dissapointed with broadband speed

Hi markb73,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the TV and broadband service. 

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub are fine. The network segment is running stable with no errors.

With the speed tests you completed, were they through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please? Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just at certain times?

In regards to the TV issues, if you can pop a post within our TV Boards, one of my colleagues will be able to help you further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos