Menu
Annie444
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disgusting service

I am sick and tired of Virgin Media's broadband service! I left sky in February 2016 and signed up to Virgin's 50meg fibre optic broadband on a 18 month contract! BIG mistake!! Our speeds throughout the day and evening are consistently as low as 1-2 meg. No web pages load properly, forget about streaming anything, we bought two NowTV boxes just before we switched and have had to pack them away, impossible to stream anything (never had this problem with Sky's TEN MEG package!) an absolute joke. Every time I've contacted Virgin I get fobbed off. Check your equipment etc, it's not our equipment, what ALL of it? My laptop, my husband's tablet, the kid's phones, the NowTV box, ALL faulty? I don't think so, no it's Virgin's service. When it works its great, but for literally 30-40% of our usage it is dead...slow.. sometimes it is so slow we cant even RUN the speed test **bleep**! I've been told a few times there's a fault in the area (Area 20, CH44) and it was being fixed (bear in mind we joined in Feb) in April, I phone back in May "why's it still cr@p?" oh, it'll be fixed by November. What?? But I've been paying full price for these last 10 months and not getting what we signed up for. It's a break of the contract by Virgin, you cant advertise something and deliver something else. You've had the cheek to put our bill UP by £1 a month too! And why are you still signing people up in the area knowing there's a problem? You don't tell them before they agree to pay you, it's FRAUD!!

Stop fobbing me off and sort it or refund the money we paid you for the service you don't provide and let us out of our already invalid contract.

By the way if we had the speeds we get when it DOES work we would have no problem staying but it ain't happening. I will be contacting trading standards shortly as we have been severely ripped off

Please don't bother to get back to me with platitudes and telling me to check my connections and equipment because seriously my husband will flip..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusting service

You can leave penalty free with the price increase that's just happened. Quote it as your reason for leaving but you don't have long left to do so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
bmc99
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Get out . I did today even got a months refund. took about 15 minutes to get through and 5 minutes to end account. They asked reason and i replied poor speeds due to overutilization. I have been with cable since 1994.Sad to be leaving but can not take this **bleep** poor so called broadband service any more, My speed at the moment is  078mbps and upload is 2.98mbps.ping 442. I have Bt  coming on the 16th can't bloody wait. Get out now while you still have your sanity.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annie444,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be and would like to help as much as I can.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003357217 and with a review date of 21st December.

As this will impact your connection during peak hours and you mentioned you get these slow speeds at all times of the day, can you complete a speed test whilst the Hub is in modem mode please? 

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos