Menu
Woofa1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

Hi who ever,

Is their work going on in the Herts area or what but my broadband speed is so slow, is there some sort of error

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

Hello Woofa1,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the speed issues you're experiencing. May I ask if you're testing a wireless or a hard-wired connection? Ideally we will need to know what speeds you're getting via an Ethernet connection, if you don't have a cable let me know and I can send you one.

Hope to hear back from you soon so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Woofa1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi   Thanks for such a prompt reply.  Todays speed at 21.00 hrs was by wired connection to my PC and was 7.5 mbps download and 0.7 mbps upload. I know the density of traffic will to some extent effect the speed but surely not to this extent. Previous speeds measured late last year were close to the advertised 50 mbps. I could get better than this on the old copper wires of BT 

Woofa1

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Woofa1,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I appreciate the additional info. I've ran further tests on your connection and I've noticed that we do have a fault raised in your area. The fault ref is: F003725726 and it's due for review on the 7th June. This fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds, especially during peak time hours.

I completely understand how frustrating this is, please keep in touch for updates.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos