Menu
Jaynie36
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Rubbish S12 Sheffield!!

Hi, we have supposedly fastest broadband and pay over £57 per month for this and tivo and phone - phone is never used as all use mobiles - tv is the small package - we only had the 'fast' broadband as our son was an avid gamer.  For the last few months the internet connection just keeps dropping in and out several times a night.  We have reported in the past and get the usual turn router off, sent new router previously - but still rubbish connection.  Thinking seriously now of going to another provider as not really getting any benefit with this broadband.  If this is supposedly fast, I would hate to think what slow one is like!!  Please no tech answers - we are not tech minded and all we ever wanted was a fast reliable connection!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Rubbish S12 Sheffield!!

Hi Jaynie36,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see you've got quite an old Superhub at the moment. I'd like to arrange to send you a newer hub to alleviate the issues you're experiencing.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted out.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Jaynie36
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So we had the new hub delivered - which I believe is hub 3.  This is even worse- more drop outs in service - cant even connect my wifi printer to it due to different IP address - total nightmare, I think as the gamer is no longer gaming in our house its definately time to move suppliers - Virgin do not offer the best service or speed anymore, so no point in staying with them!! Wish I had just kept my old hub now, which apparantly was not 'old' either it was a super hub (allegedly).

What is wrong with this areas connection, we are supposedly in a good area, but my neighbour is also having rubbish connection too. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jaynie36,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're not getting on with the Hub 3. It might be an option to re-activate your previous equipment if this is what you'd like us to do. Is it only the wireless that's dropping out as this might be caused by an environmental factor.

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos