Menu
FranticDescent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Been tolerating but...

I'm going to be honest, I've been tolerating pretty terrible service for a while, but we haven't really been using it so I've let it slide... I've come to do some good gaming/downloading tonight and found the 200mb I've been paying for has been 50mb on speedtests at best.. I just let that go and thought "Eh, high contention, it's the price we pay" I've just looked at our monitor for the past 3 days... To say I'm shocked is a mild statement. I understand the whole "We're trying to upgrade your service" etc, but what I've seen is poor. Today: 

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/67df7c160c59d1e6b56a0eb9dc00322f-07-03-2017.html

Yesterday: 

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/804ca463a9fc44002794fbd8c6530c96-06-03-2017.html

Two days ago: 

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/e1ef3c40dd25d0afe02085100ccb3c4a-05-03-2017.html

This is something new for me. This is really not acceptable for £50+ a month.

0 Kudos
FranticDescent
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Been tolerating but...

Please bear in mind that "yesterday" and "two days ago" we weren't even in the house. God help us if we'd actually have wanted to use anything internet related.

I've been a customer with Virgin Media/Telewest in some form for many years now, and I dismay how badly the service has dropped in the last 2 years.

0 Kudos
FranticDescent
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Earlier tonight. Appeciate the upload, but the download is.. questionable to say the least. I pay a premium for the 200mb service, certainly not getting it... Again, I appeciate the "upto" but I expect to get somewhere reasonable!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Refer to the sticky at the top of the forum to explain the last week or so of the BQM big hump. It's a routing issue in the LINX and I believe resolved today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

FranticDescent
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A ha, thanks for the info! Apologies, was posted after a particually stressful day!

Everything seems to be a-ok today Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
pcov76
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Shafreya wrote:
Refer to the sticky at the top of the forum to explain the last week or so of the BQM big hump. It's a routing issue in the LINX and I believe resolved today.

Right, tech support have a very different reason for it - You sure about that? 

Mine is still as slow as ever, so they left this area out of LINX!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@pcov76

Was referring to the BQMs being posted by the OP, as that is the bulk of the post.

Any other underlying issues are still going to be there, the BQM just wouldn't of been reporting them due to the LINX issue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos