Menu
colefamily
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

B63 Area - Paying for 200Mbps Broadband. Getting 9Mbps

We've wasted at least 12 hours on the phone to Virgin over the past month regarding our diabolical broadband speeds.  

We've wasted a further 6 hours for an engineer to come out to our property to say that they would get back in touch in 7 days - but they never did get back in touch.

Virgin then blamed the speeds on the router, and sent us a replacement, which still did not solve the problem.

In the morning, speeds are >100Mbps, which is great, but during the times that we actually use the internet, the speeds are dreadful (<10Mbps).  

We would be leaving if there wasn't a £240 cancellation charge.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: B63 Area - Paying for 200Mbps Broadband. Getting 9Mbps

Hi colefamily,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you're on the 200Mbps package and only get 9Mbps, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some tests from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these slow speeds issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Could you please try a speed test with the Hub running in modem mode connected directly via ethernet cable to the computer running in safe mode with networking.

If you connect through the wireless, have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if this makes any difference to performance?

I look forward to your reply, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
NathanT22
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same area as you and I have the same problem, it's been going on for months. I've had 2 tech's come out to me, and I've phoned up the call centre many times. everyone kept telling me there's not a problem, yet the second line team told me there's a problem but nothing can be fixed as not many people have complained about it, I get really high packet loss and latency I'm the evening. I'm sick and tired of having a service that I'm not getting, it needs to get fixed and fixed now!

0 Kudos
NathanT22
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You dealt with me before, but you never replied back to my responce. and you kept telling me everything is perfect, well it's not. even look at my notes on the system what the second line team has put in there, it's absolutely terrible.

0 Kudos
NathanT22
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

eff48cd6c8f5520cbc72c99082343e97-06-12-2016.png

See I even have proof, and still virgin media say there's not a problem. that looks like a problem, to me!

0 Kudos