Menu
Alexizuni
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Awful Speeds and Latency In Evening

Hi Guys,

I have a Superhub 3 and it works really well in the day with speeds going up to 70mb/s.

Every evening, I have to stop playing my Xbox and surfing the internet because it's just too slow. I have a picture of the current network statistics on my Xbox One to show you what I'm dealing with.

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/24v1ge1.jpg[/IMG]

Since we are paying for up to 100mb/s I think that there is something seriously wrong if I can't even reach 1mb/s anymore. Please help!
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Speeds and Latency In Evening

Welcome to the high utilistation club, a member of the forum team will get around to you in 7 days or so and supply you with a "review" date that means nothing as its not a "fix" date and also a fault code you cannot lookup.

In the mean time feel free to call India on 150 and supply them with that fault code given (as they cannot and will not find them when phoning in??) ,where they will give you a "diminished service refund" of anything between £1 for the month and £20 for the month depend on how much you kick a stink and how much English they understand.

P.s. Dont expect a fix anytime soon!!!! Years is not unheard of as im 12 years of this superfast internet and counting

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. The image contained your WAN IP address. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Alexizuni,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds right now, I completely appreciate this is frustrating.

I've taken a look at your connection and I'm sorry to report that there is a fault in your area that's responsible for reducing the speeds during peak time hours. The fault reference is: F003313348 and it's due for review on the 27th Dec. I know this seems like a while away, so please keep in touch and we will keep checking the fault ticket for progress updates.

Sincere apologies for this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
clivers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Heather, is virgin media burying their heads in the sand over the high latency problem that has been around for four days! this might explain her high latency!! It's a pinned post on the top of the forum if in case you missed it!
0 Kudos
Alexizuni
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heathrow, do you mean that the latency issues aren't going to be fixed until December 2017? I'm a university student and won't even be here by the time it's fixed in that case!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alexizuni,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

The high demand fault in your area is on-going and is being reviewed in Dec, but we're also investigating a problem with latency separately. You can follow that thread here, this is where the updates will be shared.

I hope this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Rancid
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Heather_J wrote:
it's due for review on the 27th Dec.

December ?

Are Vm taking the whole of spring and summer off ?

Area 21 SW16 crap speeds for 12+ Months... current fault F004332018, Complaint COM101113771 Ignored, VM code of conduct Ignored... Avoid VM at all costs
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Alexizuni wrote:
........do you mean that the latency issues aren't going to be fixed until December 2017? I'm a university student and won't even be here by the time it's fixed in that case!

That's a review date, doesn't mean it will be fixed by then. In fact it was first raised on the 24-9-2014, not a typo, yes 2014!

See here (scroll down a bit): http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Speed-has-dropped-down-to-5-10mb-s/td-p/2480707/highlight/...

Don't hold your breath. I think this is a new low even by Virgin standards.

Dave.

0 Kudos