Menu
snazz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 20

What is the issue with area 20 yet again? I am getting 1mb some nights and can not do anything. I have put up with poor broadband for years and years simply because I do not want to go back to BT, and that is the only reason I stay with you.

Virgin would really help themselves if they told the truth about issues and did not BS us. Some of us do have some computer knowledge. I thought the latest DOCSIS iteration was going to be the almighty fix we have been waiting for. I don't call getting 1mb from 100 a fix.

These days most times I am on my pc I get great BB, but night time is getting to the point where once again I can’t do anything. What is going on? I call the number to see if there are any issues and it just states everything is fine. I can the help line and have to talk to someone who may as well be speaking Mandarin from the planet Pluto via two cans and a string for all the use they are.

Area 20 has been plagued for what must be 15 years now and I seem to get caught in it every time it goes haywire. £40 a month for BB and a phone line I don’t need is too much for this service.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20

Hi snazz, 

Apologies form the ongoing peak time slow speeds, upgrade work remains ongoing network ref. F004136000 with the next review date now planned for around May.

Sorry again for the delays in getting this resolved for you.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
snazz
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So a £12 a month discount until it is resolved is not out of the question is it? Seeing as last time I got this exact response it was 2 years before it was fixed, and the time after that was about a year, and all the other times it just went on and on, and yet here we are again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey snazz,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

Sincere apologies for the fault in your area, I know this is an inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any other questions and please keep in touch for progress updates.

I appreciate your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos